Developing exceptional training habits is especially important for young players having the desire and opportunity to reach elite level. Your coach should be familiar with how to develop a practice progress sheet, periodization and recovery periods. This is the roadmap developed by elite Olympic coaches.
- a rational, systematic approach to training and performance. (See above example of practice sheet)
- a sustained passion and commitment to details .
- own the elite performance experience. (see themselves as winners)
- embrace the challenge and complexity of elite performance context. (Understand the process of learning)
- employ a big (moral) picture view of sport and life. (Keep it in perspective).
Not one of these traits is a birthright. Each can be learned, adapted and applied by anyone with the drive to be an optimal performer.
Tracey, J., & Elcombe, T. (2015). Expert coaches’ perceptions of athlete performance optimization.International Journal Of Sports Science & Coaching, 10(6), 1001-1013.
In 2016 I completely changed my programs for teaching juniors. I now only teach a select number at a time.
OnBoarding Program, Age 12-15 Boys & Girls $250 per Month
- Individual consistent lessons both on range, short game area and on-course.
- Group practice sessions.
- Stat keeping (BirdieFire.com)
- Tournament evaluations
- On-Course evaluations
- Progress Reports
- PGA Jr League Team
Golfacademyone@gmail.com for more information on 2016/17 Enrollment.