Developing exceptional training habits is especially important for young players having the desire and opportunity to reach the elite level. Your coach should be familiar with how to develop a practice progress sheet, periodization and recovery periods. This is the roadmap developed by elite Olympic coaches.
- a rational, systematic approach to training and performance. (See above example of practice sheet)
- a sustained passion and commitment to details .
- own the elite performance experience. (see themselves as winners)
- embrace the challenge and complexity of elite performance context. (Understand the process of learning)
- employ a big (moral) picture view of sport and life. (Keep it in perspective).
Not one of these traits is a birthright. Each can be learned, adapted and applied by anyone with the drive to be an optimal performer.
Tracey, J., & Elcombe, T. (2015). Expert coaches’ perceptions of athlete performance optimization.International Journal Of Sports Science & Coaching, 10(6), 1001-1013.
In 2016 I completely changed my programs for teaching juniors. I now only teach a select number at a time.
OnBoarding Program, Age 12-15 Boys & Girls $225 per Month
- Individual consistent lessons both on the range, short game area and on-course.
- Group practice sessions.
- Stat keeping (BirdieFire.com)
- Tournament evaluations
- On-Course evaluations
- Progress Reports
- PGA Jr League Team
Golfacademyone@gmail.com for more information on 2019/20 Enrollment.
This player is working on the mechanics of her putting stroke, she will spend 15-20 Minutes on the Ruler Drill, then switch to ‘Feel & Distance’ Drills to test her stroke. If the mechanics do not hold up, she must go back to training. If her stroke holds up to testing, she is ready to move to performance, which may involve a friendly putting competition with a friend.